Native American Business Institute
Also, check us out on Facebook
Who is this for?
Native American high school students who will be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade during the Fall 2015- Spring 2016 school year interested in learning more about college and opportunities in business.
What is NABI?
The Native American Business Institute is a week-long pre-college summer program for Native American high school students that will be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade during the Fall 2015- Spring 2016 school year. Participants work with MSU admissions officers, college counselors, tribal community leaders, and corporate representatives in a seven-day “business boot-camp” that prepares students for the college and exposes them to numerous academic and professional opportunities.
When is NABI?
The Native American Business Institute will take place at Michigan State University campus during the following dates and location:
Sunday, July 26, 2015-Saturday, August 1, 2015 in East Shaw Residence Hall
What will I gain from this experience?
- Develop time management and study skills
- Receive tips and strategies for gaining admission to college
- Learn how to navigate the financial aid/scholarship jungle
- Form lifelong friendships with other Native youth, MSU students, and MSU support staff
- Strengthen communication and interpersonal skills
- Attend corporate, cultural, and leadership development workshops
- Cultivate a deeper appreciation and understanding of their culture
- Foster networks with business leaders and other professionals
- Expose students to various careers and opportunities in business
- Most importantly—they learn how to WORK HARD & PLAY HARD!
First round of applications are due by Friday, May 1, 2015
Late applications will be placed at the “end of the line” for review and students are accepted on a space available basis.
To be eligible, each student must:
- Be a current high school student
- Have a 2.8-3.0 cumulative grade-point average
- Submit a completed application packet by the established deadline
Mail, E-mail or Fax applications to: